Investment Director - Shanghai
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Chris Corcoran
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Investment Director – Equis Funds Management Shanghai The successful candidate will be a deal maker with in-country commercial and development experience and fluency in English and Mandarin.
Main duties include:
• Provide leadership and oversight to the Firm’s investment activities in China, supporting the partnership group and strategy with in country market knowledge and expertise.
• On the ground responsibility for origination, structuring, process, deal execution and continuous monitoring of portfolio projects.
• Leading business development activities including identifying new investment and/or divestiture opportunities in power, energy and infrastructure and to issue clear recommendations as appropriate.
• Oversee preliminary analysis for investment projects, including financial analysis and due diligence. Evaluate project opportunities and risks and report on them to the partnership group in a clear and concise manner.
• Responsible for ensuring land acquisition is conducted as appropriate, including preparation of all relevant documentation and adherence to local and national government requirements.
• Build and maintain a network of appropriate industry and government contacts to ensure access to the latest information, accurately assess the market to drive investment opportunities.
• Negotiate designated deals with a variety of actual and potential stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with transaction approval process and procedures, as established by the partnership and in accordance with applicable policies and budgets.
• Providing high quality information and reporting to the partnership team on the China portfolio.
• Coordinate interactions between the local China team and Firm’s principal office including portfolio management, development, finance, taxation, legal affairs and risk management and compliance.
• Supervise, delegate, explain and check the work of all junior staff including investment associates.
• Strong Origination skills and network, preferably in China, with a track record of sourcing and executing deals.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of leadership experience in deal origination and execution.
• Extensive experience in Private Equity deal origination, project development and supervision, M&A and/or corporate development, investment banking or strategy consulting.
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Analytical, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of high functioning team.
• Must possess diplomacy, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiating skills.
• Able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written, for both external and internal stakeholders.
• Fluent in English and China.
An excellent remuneration package will be provided for the successful candidate including an attractive basic salary, bonus and carry opportunity.