PE Research Analyst - Top-tier Global Management Consultancy Co
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Chris Corcoran
Date posted 21 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A top-tier, global management consultancy firm are looking to add a Research Analyst to their growing PE team.
- PE Analysts will be staffed full time to client engagements, with the majority of work in private equity due diligence.
- Work individually and in teams to support client service teams and partners of the practice on client development efforts, and clients’ investment decisions in the due diligence process and other private equity/investor work
- Assess and identify market attractiveness
- Provide targeted information and specialized financial analysis on potential acquisitions
- Prepare and deliver high-impact verbal and written communication of your synthesized findings
- Work across other private equity/investor engagements, including support for portfolio companies, firm strategy/organization, market scans, etc.
- Support on analytics and provide quick modeling support
- Work as part of a global team to help us build and evolve our Private Equity practice
- Act as a subject matter expert on topics related to our service to investors, and be recognized as a valuable resource of experience, information and expertise both inside the Firm and by our clients
- Enhance the practice’s current awareness of developments in the PE and institutional investor domain
- Develop investor-friendly templates of industry outlooks, creating ‘Industry’ insight capture templates suitable for PE/PI client use
- Codify Due Diligence end products, creating a database of “off the shelf” information for publication on Firm intranet/PI CoC website.
- This role will have a Greater China focus, yet provide global exposure (cross geography, cross industry) and opportunity to build deep functional capability around the PE/PI industry and due diligence topics.
- We are looking for candidates with strong education background in financial markets, accounting etc.
- Candidates must also possess the following hallmarks of excellent problem solving skills, team skills, multitasking ability, and strong communication skills:
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to structure a problem, disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and modeling skills; ability to understand the relevant analysis required to prove a hypothesis and ability to gather information around it and make informed/logical assumptions where required
- Excellent quantitative skills, and strong excel skills; additional IT skills beyond that (Powerpoint is a must; knowledge of MS Access is an added advantage)
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in both written and spoken Mandarin , and in English; prior experience in an international environment desirable
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality. Able to work well in a team setting and responsive to feedback.
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are challenged regularly
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Education & Previous Experience
- Applicants should possess a bachelor degree (finance, economics, accounting, preferred)
- 2-3 yrs of experience at transaction (including accounting) advisory or private equity or strategy consulting firms / research firms with exposure to PE / the due diligence process or other aspects of financial markets great advantage