Fund Operations Associate
Salary HKD30,000 - HKD40,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 19 November 2018 2018-11-192019-01-18 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Our client is a boutique long short equity fund with solid track record. Because of its expansion in Hong Kong, they are looking to hire a fund operations associate to join the team.
- Liaise with external fund administrator and review monthly valuation for the managed funds.
- Maintain the group’s system of accounts and keep books and records on all group transactions and assets.
- Implement and maintain effective financial controls for the organization.
- Coordinate statutory audits with external auditors and prepare financial statements in accordance with the accounting standards.
- Liaise with external tax representatives for the preparation of tax returns.
- Assist the Operations Team for all operational and trade support aspects for the managed funds
- Maintain the internal portfolio management system for trade record.
- Daily operational flows (e.g. cash and position reconciliation, validation and matching of trade confirmation, corporate action monitoring, download and review prime brokerage reports, etc).
- Prepare performance analysis for the managed funds.
- • Assist the Business Team for any ad-hoc projects.
- Again, not an absolute must that they need to have Operations experience. But, the candidate should expect that we would need to learn and do tasks in that space.
- 3 years working experience in either sellside or buyside
- Open for audit background but limit to candidates who manage the asset management, hedge fund or private equity portfolios
- Fund administration experience would be a plus
- Professional qualifications would be a plus (CPA, CFA or FRM)