Regional Wealth Operations Director, APAC
Salary HKD900,000 - HKD1,100,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 22 October 2018 2018-10-222018-12-21 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a leading asset management firm with very solid Asia exposure. They just confirmed to hire a director to look after Asia Pacific Wealth Operations. The role itself will involve 50% BAU and 50% project initiatives. The role will be Hong Kong based.
- To be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Wealth Operation in different project initiatives and provide input to the Target Operating Model across Asia.
- To develop the right operating model for new business initiatives across Asia.
- To coordinate with different Asia countries to provide SME input for all process re-engineering and automation initiatives.
- To provide SME input for the new strategic Wealth Operation system infrastructure.
- To handle outsourcing migration for certain countries to align with the Target Operating Model.
- To work collaboratively with external service providers and internal stakeholders (Project team, IT teams, Compliance teams) to deliver the project on time/within budget.
- To manage UAT and production implementation
- Manage Transfer Agent service standards.
- Ensure enforcement of and adherence to company guidelines as well as compliance with regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with over 10 years’ relevant working experience, particularly in mutual fund Wealth Operation or Transfer Agents
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience and knowledge in KYC / AML checking.
- Experience in dealing with operations outsourcing providers and operational risk roles an advantage.
- Experience in projects as a key stakeholder
- A strong leader to coach the team and drive changes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Possess sound general knowledge of financial markets.
- Proactive / can-do approach and attitude. Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of delivery.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, able to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines and the flexibility to work in a fast changing environment.
- Proven experience influencing and working collaboratively with both clients and vendors.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research issues where the resolution is not readily apparent.
- Computer literacy with common PC applications (i.e. familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel), and experience with Transfer Agency systems an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese