Operations Associate, Hedge Fund
Salary HKD25,000 - HKD40,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-12-15 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is an investment company focusing on long short equities investment in APAC. Due to the rapid growth of the business, an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the Hong Kong office and directly support the Head of Operations and COO in Operations, Finance and Compliance. The role offers the right candidate significant exposure to and training in various disciplines, whilst working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial hedge fund environment
- Directly supporting the COO in the day to day hedge fund operations including trade bookings, daily reconciliations, pricing, NAV and P&L production. Strategies include fixed income and a seed investment fund.
- Assistance with fee schedule reconciliations of underlying investment funds.
- Responsibilities will include: updating the corporate accounts leading to the preparation of the TB; preparing management accounts and variance analysis; managing the purchase ledger; and assisting with fund and corporate audits.
- Preparation and management of periodic compliance documentation.
- Assisting with the preparation of the FRR schedule.
- Supporting the Compliance Officer to ensure sound corporate governance and compliance practices
- Graduate with at least 4+ years operations experience, preferably from the hedge fund or buyside industry in general
- Good product knowledge of cash equities, swaps and ADR
- Fundamental accounting knowledge, gained either from studies or work experience
- Strong MS Excel skills, VBA Macro is highly appreciated
- Excellent communicator; fluent in Mandarin and English