Head of Client Onboarding
Salary attractive package
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Renee Wu
Date posted 08 October 2018 2018-10-082018-12-02 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client, a reputable boutique Private Bank is looking for a Head of Client Onboarding to lead a team of 4 to perform BAU, Projects, Change and People management. This hire will directly report to COO. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within PBWM and KYC. It is a very good opportunity for candidate who thrive for good life balance and exposure.
• Management of day-to-day activities and development of the Voyages team. Ensure operational efficiency, accuracy of data and highest standard of client servicing.
• Lead interactions with Front office and key shared functions (Compliance, Legal, Risks and Operations) on client data and legal documentation, including projects and Change Management.
• Play a key role to ensure that the team embraces and implements upcoming group wide changes in terms of technical / IT platforms, processes and new responsibilities (e.g. Tax services, Documentation checks, digitalisation).
Management of the team
• Day-to-day management and oversee smooth running of the department
• Motivate and develop Client Register staff, ensuring good team bonding and collaboration.
• Ensure efficient and regular communication and sharing information within the team and with SIN and/or Group Client Register
• Foster a positive working environment and change management
• Co-ordinate, liaise and promote Client Register activities between Front Office, Compliance, Legal and Operational business units
• Actively apply Group FAR (Function at Risk) security principles and ensuring that the team is adequately and consistently trainined
Ensure delivery of key services of Client Register
• Oversees clients and counterparties documentation activities in Asia to enable quick and correct analysis, processing, codification and archiving of the bank’s records and systems.
• Maintain register of account numbers, opening and closing of accounts
• Monitor “pending list” of outstanding documents or information
• Ensure quality control in accordance to Group framework as well as local specifics
• Proper documentation and scanning of client files and correspondences
• Oversee the collaboration of timely print and dispatch client’s statements and trade advises with Singapore
• Validate internal work-flows - granting access / blocking / unblocking accounts in Avaloq
• Ensure valid client’s instruction execution by signatures verification
• Grant accesses on clients data systems
Processes update, change management and strategic evolution
• Define, track KPIs and quality control
• Conduct relevant market research, industry best practices
• Maintain and check regularly the application and documentation processes
• Adapt processes in line with the evolution of services (define IT Business requirements for Client Register needs)
• Deliver continuous process improvements on the key processes, in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment.
• Foster a positive working environment within team and manage changes pro-actively and methodically (E.g. training, communication)
• Define and communicate local business requirements
• University level / Business school
• Strong understanding of the banking operational processes such as documentation, client static data maintenance and management, output management handling
• Good organisational, communication and strong inter-personal skills as candidate is required to manage the many various activities within the department, and to be able to communicate effectively with both internal clients and with his/her team, including other group entities world-wide.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key internal clients including business, operations and from the headquarters
• Sound knowledge and experience in International Tax Regulations (FATCA/QI/CRS) documentation handling and reporting
• Knowledge of Due Dilligence, KYC and AML process would be a plus
• At least ten years’ experience in team management on planning, organising, coordinating, directing and supervisions
• Good use of common IT applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Use of Business Object a plus
• Perfect English and Cantonese. French a plus
• Rigorous, structured and well organised
• High awareness for confidentiality rules