Head of Credit Card Operations
Salary HKD800,000 - HKD1,200,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 24 September 2018 2018-09-242018-11-23 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a MNC retail bank in Hong Kong. They are looking to hire a head of credit card operations as one of the founding member of the new entity.
- Establish the operating model for the credit card product of the virtual bank. Being a digital only bank, most of the processes do not require manual intervention. The card operations head needs to understand the e2e customer journey, and work out the scenarios which requires human support. That includes (but not limit to) exceptions handling, transaction disputes, charge back and reconciliations.
- Work closely with the Product Team to review all the credit card customer journeys, from on-boarding to closure, identify the friction and potential breakages & exceptions, design the process to handle.
- Develop the operations procedure, and ensure its execution. Maintain the procedure and keep it to-up-date.
- Establish the operations dashboard for performance monitoring.
- Monitor and ensure the smooth running of the credit card system. Perform necessary update of the product setting in the system, with proper approvals and controls in place.
- Monitor the service providers of the outsourced activities e.g. card production.
- Establish and lead the team, provide guidance to ensure performance.
- At least 10 years of experience in the credit card industry, with no less than 3 years of exposure in the back-end processing.
- Experience in managing operations team preferred.
- Ability to manage 3rd party service providers.
- Strong business sense, willing to stand and work with ambiguity, able to cope with the fast-changing work environment and ad hoc requests.
- Proven and solid people management skills, enjoys working with the team.
- Subject-matter expertise, but willing to listen and try new ideas.
- Able to read and communicate with Traditional Chinese.
- Willing to work hands-on with minimal team support.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures