Middle Office & Control Manager
Salary HKD600,000 - HKD800,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a European medium size bank in Hong Kong. Under their Global markets team, they are looking to hire a middle office & Control candidate to be the first line of defence. The person will be reporting to Head of Global Markets Middle Office & Control. Operates independently.
- Provide dedicated support to Head of Middle Office Control across a variety of products including FX, Rates and Fixed Income, ensuring the risk is properly captured and control standards are met
- Actively contribute in new products or process changes through collaboration with other teams
- Demonstrate good understanding of front to back trade flows as well as Risk and PnL.
- Resolve daily ad-hoc queries internally and externally related to Head of Middle Office Control
- Coordinate with local and Madrid IT teams to facilitate STP, enhance automations and controls.
- Perform timely MIS reporting and reconciliation, liaise directly with other local and global counterparts for resolving breaks independently and presenting results to Business
- Ensure proper controls and audit requirements are upheld through all processes. Proactively identify and remediate control gaps. Escalate and track any mitigating actions
- University degree
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in Middle Office in investment banking
- In-depth understanding of Global Markets products and processes, treasury operation and operational risk framework. Knowledge on international regulations (Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID) will be a plus
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills including written and oral English/Chinese
- Proficiency in Murex and Microsoft Office (competence in VBA is preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise, with a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivery
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly new knowledge such as systems and policies, with good adaptability to constantly changing environment