Head of Payment Operations, Retail Banking
Salary HKD80,000 - HKD100,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-05 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a Hong Kong based MNC bank offering full spectrum of business lines including retail banking business. They have set up the new entity for the virtual banking at the moment and would like to hire a head of payment operations to design and overseas the payment end-to-end process, ensure they are being run in a timely and efficient manner. Leading a small but efficient team, will have the opportunity to create a new payment process for a digital-only Bank. Keeping abreast of the latest technologies, will continue to seek for ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies, and provide the world-class digital payment services to their customers.
- Design the process to support the payment service for the virtual bank, which includes the digital-only inter-bank fund transfer, and the cross-border payment platform the Bank has chosen to participate in.
- Integrate the knowledge of the existing payment infrastructure with the latest technologies (QR Code payment, addressing schemes, FPS), design and setup a 24-hour automated operational process for both the domestic and cross border payment activities.
- Establish and manage the control process in accordance with the internal and external policies & regulations, which includes the sanctions and related screening, daily monitoring and exceptions handling mechanism.
- Based on the policies set out by the Treasury Team, monitor the daily cash flow of the nostro account and the funding position for Treasury.
- Work with the Operational Risk Team to establish the risk management framework for payment, ensure the execution of the framework.
- Design and prepare the regular reporting of performance index, escalations, and risk items.
- Keep abreast of the latest payment technologies, and initiate continuous process improvement for operations excellence to ensure the Bank is at the forefront of the Payment business.
- Develop effective relationship, work closely with the business and functional stakeholders to deliver the Bank’s strategy
- Ensure strict adherence of regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in the retail payment services, with demonstrated exposure in the latest mobile wallet technologies, addressing schemes, QR codes, and backend support.
- Solid knowledge with FPS, ACH, RTGS, SWIFT and related settlement system a must.
- Open mindset to embrace the new technologies and new ways to operate.
- Retail banking background and experience in cash management, experience in connecting and interacting with the key local clearing organisation(s) an advantage.
- Proven experience and capabilities in overseeing and mitigating operational risk, and drive control activities; able to attend to imminent operational issues around the clock, both within and after office hours
- Able to work with different cultures, good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Genuine interest in the latest retail payment technologies.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese a must