Product Equity Analyst, MNC Asset Management
Salary HKD30,000 - HKD35,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 07 August 2018 2018-08-072018-10-06 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a leading MNC asset management firm in Hong Kong. They are currently looking to hire a product analyst. He/She will be reporting to the Regional Asia-Ex Japan Equity Product manager, the Product Analyst partners with both investments and distribution to promote and drive the growth of the Equity business for Asia ex Japan. The position is based in Hong Kong. The product Analyst serves as product champion for Equity products, as well as focuses on various Asia ex Japan channels and/or regions to ensure advisor support, product advocacy and competitive insights.
- Serve as first point of contact for Global Sales (Regional Consultants, Institutional Associates and Advisors) for the Asian Equity products, as assigned, but with a broad base of equity strategy related knowledge
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests in a timely manner to help support our client team
- Partner with Investment Management to create and update a strong, consistent suite of core product marketing and client-service materials, in collaboration with marketing colleagues. In addition, seeks broad feedback from investment management and distribution to identify areas for improvement.
- Take a proactive approach to solving clients’ investment-related, business and operational issues by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of the company (clients, operations, technology, legal and compliance, marketing, finance)
- Collaborate with Portfolio Managers to create/improve RFP language, assist on/review RFPs, and answer advisor/relationship manager questions on specific sales opportunities
- In addition, the Product Analyst is responsible for the oversight and quality control of the Asian equity platform:
- Review and update prospecting decks, fact sheets and product overviews for all products on platform
- Update internal sources (e.g. Salesforce, the Loop); works with data team to ensure accuracy of database information
- Partner with RFP team to ensure a consistent implementation of strategy positioning and language
- Through daily responsibilities, develop relationships with partners across the firm, and increase awareness of the Asia equity platform throughout
- Support Learning & Development for regional training initiatives
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the investment-management industry (or related investment experience), with preferably direct Product Specialist experience.
- Broad investment-management and financial-market knowledge, ideally with expertise in Asia and China equity products
- Intellectually curious about the equity markets, and finding creative ways to connect with our internal and external clients & prospects globally
- Understanding of the Asia institutional and retail marketplace: understanding client needs, market trends and the competitive landscape
- English is a must; Cantonese/Mandarin would be a plus