Regional Vendor Management & MIS Reporting - Contract
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD80,000 per month + Attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Shan Yong
Date posted 19 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This is a newly created headcount for the firm's Investment Operations team. The incumbent needs to have experience dealing with vendors etc operations outsourcing providers and an understanding of Asset Management / Banking / Manufacturing operational workflows. It is a 12 months contract, subjected to conversion / extension based on performance.
- Vendor Management and Control (Regional Function supporting all offices in Asia)
- Help to start and project manage a number of new initiatives including
- Regional custodian/service providers contract and billing review
- Custodian costs and features benchmarking and comparison
- Regional custodian rationalization
- GO-related planning and implementation
- Periodically review and update Contracts, SLAs and Operating Memorandums
- Develop and monitor KPIs for outsourced services to the Asia Investment Operations teams
- Identify opportunities to outsource to shares services/center of excellence. Drive efficiencies and risk reduction in existing shares services/center of excellence.
- Co-ordinate and maintain regular interaction with global teams to ensure consistency and compliance with global standards. Leverage global relationships and resources where appropriate.
- Supervision and control over services outsourced to MBPS (centralised internal shared services back office provider), banks, administrators and other key outsourced providers.
- Oversight and monitoring/reporting of all external Operations vendor/outsourced relationships.
- Monitor and maintain regional relationship information for all key strategic vendor partners
- Co-ordinate and lead vendor service reviews and ensure follow-up, escalation/reporting and track resolution of issues.
- Negotiate and agree fee schedules, including periodic review
- Ensure accuracy of billing and costs to external service providers.
- Manage resources dedicated to Asia offices within MBPS and any other shared services or center of excellences.
- Coordinate periodic service reviews of outsourced providers, and ensure appropriate and timely rectification of issues.
- Implement SLA’s for all services.
- Coordinate and/or participate in Investment Operations projects and initiatives as and when required
- Support metrics and KPI/Management reporting for Asia region.
- Maintain close coordination with global functional heads (dotted reporting) to ensure consistency and compliance with global policy and procedures, and support global reporting and initiatives.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry in various front and back office capacities.
- Experience outside of financial services industries but specifically in procurement and vendor management in manufacturing, service and technology sectors will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with operations outsourcing providers and operational risk roles an advantage.
- Knowledge of best practices, benchmarking and SLA in dealing with suppliers and service providers.
- Understanding of Asset management/banking/manufacturing operational processes and flows, and experience dealing with external outsource vendors
- Experience in projects as a key stakeholder or project manager
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external parties at a senior level
- Possess sound general knowledge of financial markets
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and the flexibility to work in a fast changing environment
- Proven experience influencing and working collaboratively with both clients and vendors
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research issues where the resolution is not readily apparent
- Good team player with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships across multiple levels and investment / corporate business units
- Computer literacy with common PC applications (i.e. familiarity with Microsoft Office)