Financial Crime Compliance Analyst (PB experience is a plus)
Salary + attractive benefits
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Regan Lo
Date posted 27 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Job overview: THe Financial Crime Compliance Analyst will contribute to the APAC KYC team and report to KYC team manager based in Hong Kong. This is a 6-month contract with vision to extendable.
- Conducting due diligence on prospective and existing Private Wealth Management clients to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory, sanctions or reputational risk, primarily utilising publicly available data sources, vendor reports and reviewing client documentation.
- Escalating potential KYC issues to the KYC team manager and/or senior business management.
- Documenting potential issues, mitigating factors and rationale for approval in the relevant systems.
- Managing document retention in accordance with applicable AML regulation and firm policies.
- Implementing applicable AML policies and procedures.
- Collaborating closely with the global Anti-Money Laundering / Suspicious Activities Group, the Government Sanctions Group, the Anti-Bribery Group, the Electronic Communications Surveillance Group, and the Global Surveillance Group
- Strong analytical, investigative and risk assessment skills Ability to prioritise demanding workflows, detailed-oriented and well organised.
- Ability to take ownership, work independently and yet still be team-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Fluency in English, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and Bahasa.
- Effective interpersonal skills Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and experience in external database searches, such as World Check, Factiva, and Lexis / Nexis.
Our client company is a top tier US investment bank with a major global presence.
Get in touch