Desktop Support, Equities, I-Bank
Salary HKD25,000 - HKD40,000 per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 04 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a MNC investment bank. They are looking to hire Trade Support Analyst (Equities) in Hong Kong for providing trade capture assistance including trade input, amendments, life-cycle events management and trade allocation processing. The team acts as a first point of contact for all front-line issues regarding trade capture specific queries across the Trading desks covering the products mentioned below. It also works closely with Operations to deal with other queries.
- Act as the main contact point for traders. Booking accurate books and record among the above products. Process all new, amend and cancellation booking (including life cycle events on structured products) in the risk system.
- Establish high quality control procedure for operational, market or regulatory risk on existing and new flow to ensuring trade capture are complete and clean from front to back by end of day
- Provide coordinated efforts in aiming to establish joint workable solution, pro-actively chase, and liaise with the concern parties to pursue the goal, and resolve execution or risk position queries for traders and other stakeholders.
- Assist with break root cause analysis and break resolution. Be creative, automate with a view to minimise manual processing as much as possible
- Develop a business requirement and brainstorm ideas with a view to improving work flow by compiling all functionality to be implemented with intense collaboration with other Infrastructure Group (ie Operations, Product Control, Legal, Market Risk)
- Ensure daily routines are running smoothly and escalate for potential risky and important issues
- Create instrument set up on derivatives and book cash and derivatives products into risk system and ensure all life cycle event are capture accurately by end of day.
- Provide explanation on trade capture incidents and investigate breaks as necessary with Middle Office
- Perform cash projection and work with traders and treasury support to ensure sufficient funding is set aside to meet market commitment
- Participate UAT (User Acceptance Test) and parallel testing for Equity, and provide resolution on issues till completion.
- Bachelor degree holder or above, preferably in Banking & Finance related disciplines
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in supporting Asian/Global equities, preferably acquired from multinational securities houses
- Good understanding of securities brokerage operations
- Good product knowledge in Equity (Cash and Derivatives)
- Strong knowledge about Asia regulatory requirements
- Escalates breaches of policies and procedures appropriately
- Must be regarded as proactive and assertive in driving control improvement for their area
- Strong understanding and has the mindset to strive to identify potential control breakdowns in process, also demonstrated with effective procedure manuals
- Ability to streamline processes in an efficient manner not only within the team but also within the firm, and if required, negotiate / persuade other department to accept the change