Senior Manager/AD for Trade Management
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 01 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An Senior Manager / AD for Trade management role has just landed in one of a well known insurance firm.
- Lead the Trade Management function within Hong Kong Investment Operations. Provide management expertise and best practice advice to the investment operations teams to support business as usual (BAU) projects and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain enhanced procedures and controls within investment operations to ensure consistent high quality services and support to the front office, clients and other business units.
- Work with regional and country operations teams to promote best practices and standardisation across the Asia region and globally where applicable. Collaborate with key stakeholders including regional and country investment operations teams, Portfolio Management, Project Management Office, Technology, Product, Portfolio Specialist and Risk and Compliance teams.
- Assist in providing leadership and training for Investment Operations staff to build expertise and enhance Investment Operations capabilities.
- Participate and/or lead Investment Operations projects, working closely with other offices and/or the Asia Project Management teams where applicable to ensure efficient and effective implementation.
- Collaborate with peers, other business units and functions both within Asia and globally.
- Support post trade processing and resolving escalated trade settlement issues in a timely manner.
- Identify work flow, system improvements and work with the team on requirements needed for enhancement.
- Manage the relationship with custodian banks and internal/external counterparties such as brokers to monitor the quality of services and ensure market standard practices are in place.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 8+ years’ experience across investment operations; with at least 4+ years’ direct experience working in a Middle Office Operations environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Middle Office/Investment Operations’ policies and procedures, including but not limited to trade management oversight, trade support, corporate actions, pricing and valuations and fund operations.
- Experience with oversight of shared service operations and external providers such as fund administrators.
- Leadership experience building industry best practice within investment operations preferred.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to understand, negotiate and influence business stakeholders.
- Encourage and drive changes within a highly dynamic, fluid environment. Comfortable in challenging traditional processes to strive for efficiencies.
- Ability to cross leverage skills among the teams around him/her and work collectively to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Computer literacy with common PC applications (word, excel, power point) assumed. Business systems (Bloomberg, OMGEO CTM, Portia, Simcorp) experience required.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research issues where the resolution is not readily apparent.
- Good team player with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships across multiple levels of the organisation.
- Proactive / can-do approach and attitude. Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of delivery.