Trade & Asset Services Operations Analyst
Salary HKD30,000 - HKD40,000 per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 10 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a leading asset manager. They are planning to add on new headcount in Hong Kong to support their trade & asset services function globally.
- Assist with enhancing the firm’s global follow the sun model, liaising with London and Chicago teams.
- To proactively support the post trade execution of global securities, FX, Money Market Deposits, Repos, OTC/ETD instruments, including confirmation, settlement and cash movements, investigation and resolution of any resultant trade issues or transaction entry into portfolio administration systems and Collateral management.
- Liaise with executing brokers, clearing brokers, custodians, middleware vendors, fund managers on a daily basis to ensure the effective administration of transactions, maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Acting as point of escalation for issues/conflicts and ensuring resolution through own knowledge.
- Provide start of day support to the London based Collateral management operational team, focusing on exposure calculations and uploads to systems to ensure regulatory deadlines are met.
- Process reconciliations to ensure all systems are in line prior to London and Chicago Start of day
- Ensuring all open positions are mapped within internal systems and Tri-Resolve, identifying missing positions and economic discrepancies
- Ensure all legal terms contained with CSAs/GMRAs/Clearing Agreements are accurately loaded and maintained within the margin system, contributing to new business discussions where appropriate
- Liaising with counterparties to give up dates to clearing brokers on trade date
- Trade date +1 reconciliation between our records and those of clearing brokers across all funds
- Contribute to the departments long term strategic initiatives and undertake testing when required
- Challenge existing processes and look to make improvements to deliver efficiency savings and strengthen the control framework
- 3 years working experience within a trade processing/operational support function in either Investment Management/Banking.
- Strong understanding on equities, OTC/ETD, FX and bonds
- Previous use of Lombard Colline/Oberon/Smartstream TLM/Quasar/Swift Alliance/TriResolve/Acadiasoft MarginSphere/Omgeo CTM
- A proven track record of being flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment
- Proactive approach to work with a focus on improving processes and key controls
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is flexible in their approach to work