Front Office Trade Support Associate
Salary HKD30,000 - HKD35,000 per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 02 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a leading investment bank in Hong Kong with full spectrum of financial products. They are looking to hire an experienced trade support candidate join the team.
- Working closely with front office primary focusing on trade support including trade bookings, validations and monitoring on trade repository
- Profit and Loss trading calculation and analysis, handle query for booking issues and provide the necessary information
- Reporting, Control & Cross services: Internal controls and reporting, Static and Market Data maintenance, Corporate Actions and Index Tracking monitoring
- Trade confirmation: Confirmations of trades and trade settlement: Settlements of trades
- Coordinating with prime brokers
- Product Scopes: mainly on Listed Products, CBs, Vanilla Options, Forwards, CFDs, Equity Swaps, Dividend Swaps, P-notes and NDFs
- 5 years working experience with middle office
- Aptitude to understand the Front-To-Back workflows and handle exceptional issues with logical mindsets to communicate with Front Office
- Organised & good resistance to stress: This is a much faced paced dynamic environment; therefore excellent time management and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
- Attention to detail: Ability to ring the bell for any abnormal trade pattern and escalate in timely manner
- Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on the daily production and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
- Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Operation and FO need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management.