Client Reporting Assistant Manager
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD60,000 per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Beatrix Lee
Date posted 11 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is an industry leader in asset management companies. They are building up the client reporting & performance measurement team. The candidate will produce & review regular client reporting, ensure timely and quality delivery, to assist and co-ordinate client on boarding, to ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations activities for portfolio managed by the investment team in Hong Kong.
- Develop sufficient level of expertise of the holdings, terms, and transactions of multiple portfolios to provide intuitive and proactive oversight of these portfolios.
- Produce client reporting. Ensure all the required data are populated accurately and the reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensuring cash reconciliations with the custodian bank are completed and work with the Global Reconciliation team to resolve outstanding items on a timely basis.
- Reconcile monthly transactions, valuations, management and performance fee calculations, P&L components, and other activity between company and the fund accountant/administrator's records on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Respond to numerous ad hoc requests from internal and external clients for additional information.
- Troubleshoot errors in client reporting and work with IT to resolution.
- Work with IT on developing bespoke client reporting of new client, ensure all the required data is populated and test the development works produced by IT to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with ad hoc information requests from investors.
- Proactively liaise with all relevant parties to resolve day to day operational issues for portfolios managed by the investment team in Hong Kong
- For any material operational issues and accidents, identify and implement the agreed procedures to enhance the operational flow
- Oversight of annual audit process, liaising with administrators and auditors for queries relating to preparation of audited annual and interim financial statements.
- Develop the ongoing implementation of standard global operating processes and procedures across the firm. Identifying improvements and effecting change.
- Continued liaison with Structuring & Investment teams on investment and fund queries
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, knowledge in Mandarin is preferred
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years of solid experience in fund administration/accounting, custodian, fund operations;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexible to meet workload
- Positive attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Ability to embrace change and help identify efficiency on process to the benefit of wider teams;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions across the organisation
- Maintain & support effective external working relationships through timely communications with a range of related third parties;
- Proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Numerate with high attention to detail, accounting experience preferred