AVP, Operations Process & Control - RB/WM
Salary Attractive package with promising bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Renee Wu
Date posted 27 February 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client, an expanding top-tier Chinese Bank is looking to hire 2 Manager/AVP to perform operations control within their retail banking & wealth management arm. These hire will work in a very westernized, supportive and open environment Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in designing, drafting manuals/procedures as well as provide corresponding recommendations in regards to the change in operational process flow due to regulation
- Maintain sound operations policies, procedures and systems in alignment with the business objectives of Personal and Business Banking Group with due consideration for striking a balance among efficiency, flexibility, control and customer service.
- Design and implement adequate controls to ensure compliance with new or revised regulatory requirements.
- Ensure operational risks of new banking products / services are adequately addressed and proper internal controls are in place.
- Review the existing operations process and initiate system enhancements to streamline processes and improve operational effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure smooth implementation of new policies and procedures, and launching of new products through branch channel.
- Establish controls, monitor and ensure the compliance with AML Policy and the relevant procedures and guidelines issued by Compliance Department.
- Develop procedures and manual for the department/group to get better implementation on AML Policy and the relevant procedures and guidelines when necessary.
- Identify possible weaknesses in operations controls and notify Compliance Department.
- Liaise with relevant parties on preparation for business requirement, testing planning, testing scripts and system roll-out preparation for systems, new products and new services.
- Plan and execute and conduct user acceptance tests according to project time-line.
- Review operational efficiency and identifying opportunities for enhancement
- Identify operation deficiencies and make recommendations for rectification and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in retail banking/ Private banking/ Wealth Management or branch operations design and development
- Knowledgeable in Investment Products, I&I, Insurance etc.
- Sound knowledge of banking practices, operation system and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin