Associate Director, Asia Retirement Strategy
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Michael Fong
Date posted 12 February 2019 2019-02-122019-04-13 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
The Asia Retirement team provides strategic and operations oversight to the firm’s retirement businesses across Asia. The team is responsible for conducting market analysis, tracking/influencing regulatory reform, formulating market entry strategies and all aspects related to the operations of pension businesses in the region. Team members have access to a unique vantage point to participate and shape some of the most important strategic choices related to the development of the firm Retirement business in Asia.
- The Senior Manager, Asia Retirement will work in partnership with members of the Asia Retirement team to achieve the objectives of the team.
- Specific responsibilities include the following:
Support the establishment of China Retirement Joint-Venture
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of China’s pension markets, competitors, industry trends, products and distribution methods, with a focus on high priority market segments.
- Conduct research via multiple data sources and using a variety of tools to synthesise and package information on China pension regulations, competitive activities and industry trends that will shape China’s pension system.
- Support the development and on-going refresh of China Retirement strategy documents and management briefings
- Assist with the development of highly illustrative/detailed documents/presentations in both English and Chinese.
- Liaise with MSL and MTEDA on retirement-related initiatives and supporting ad-hoc pension and business development initiatives in the China
Asia Retirement Strategy and Business Development
- Support regional and country-level retirement strategy formation and corresponding management briefings
- Support the execution of retirement-related strategic initiatives, as required
- Build and maintain a comprehensive repository of regional pension Pitchbook and financial projection models
- Provide regional retirement competitive insights and synthesise strategic priorities, growth initiatives and macro trends for Quarterly Pensions Newsletter
- The individual will need to work with ambiguous, fluid and changing responsibilities, and be able to readily adapt to the dynamics of the group managing multiple ongoing initiatives simultaneously.
- The role is complex, requiring the ability to think broadly on a strategic basis, dialogue with subject matter experts across and outside the organisation but also focus on critical details, provide superior analysis and reasoning, and crisply communicate issues and solutions in a focused manner.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills, with an ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong drive and initiative, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese
- Some travel is required