Investment Director – Global Multi-Family Office
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jack Kelly
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Opportunity within a Global Multi-Family office for an Investment Director with a strong multi-skilled background and collaborative mindset.
Reporting to the CIO of the firm, the Investment Director is a member of the Asia investment management team, working collaboratively with other colleagues. The Investment Director is a member of the investment management team of firm’s Asia investment program committing funds to managers that concentrate on investments in venture capital, growth capital, and the small/mid-market buyout sectors and other special opportunities. The Investment Director will contribute to the group’s market research, due diligence efforts, investment decisions and help with the monitoring of the portfolio over time.
• Screening of Investment Offerings: The Employee will be expected to summarise and assess new investment offerings in line with the firm’s assessment framework.
• Due Diligence: Comprehensive due diligence will be undertaken on each investment opportunity given serious consideration. The firm performs extensive analysis on past investments made by the General Partner teams, in order to further verify the General Partner’s contribution to these investments through discussions with the General Partner as well as contacting portfolio company management, other General Partner groups, sophisticated private capital investors and other relevant parties.
• Portfolio Monitoring: The firm has already developed a sizeable portfolio of private capital partnerships, and this professional will assist in the monitoring of those investments.
• Design and maintenance of information systems: The firm places heavy emphasis on maintaining a state-of-the-art database, to capture and analyse information on the universe of available investment opportunities. The Investment Director may be involved with the continuing enhancement of the team’s already-impressive technical capabilities, and will be responsible for data input, analysis and integrity.
• Research: The Investment Director will be involved in research about the developments in the Private Equity market in general as well as specifically in China.
• A good university degree in finance, economics, natural sciences, law or business administration from a well-regarded University; Pre-MBA in renowned institutions and / or MBA or equivalent
• 10+ years’ work experiences (including in western world) in a Private Equity fund and or fund of funds. Ideally seeking someone who has both direct investing experience as well as experience working for an allocator.
• Skills and experience in portfolio and risk management.
• Experience in managing and complying with regulatory requirements.
• A demonstrated ability to execute demanding analytical work with high detail orientation; ability to independently conduct business analysis and project management.
• A strong presenter, able to articulate to all audience both internal and external, Western and Chinese, the firm’s investment strategy and philosophy as well as the investment activity and details about investments considered or made.
• Chinese native with very good English and Chinese skills.