Associate Director, IFRS 17 Accounting Policy
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Michael Fong
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-26 2019-09-24 insurance Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Support the review and editing of draft technical papers, application guidance and chapters from the accounting and valuation manual related to the new standards (first drafts prepared by external advisors)
- Support the review and editing of draft technical papers, application guidance and chapters from the accounting and valuation manual related to the new standards (first drafts prepared by external advisors)
- Support in preparing internal papers for presentations to senior internal / external stakeholders on the new standards, interpretation and proposed technical solutions. This includes Board, Project Steering committee, Design Authority and other groups / committees.
- Support the interactions and communications across all project workstreams, pilot BU and other BUs. This will include the following:
- Help address questions and issues raised
- Co-ordinate activities in relation to the gathering, review and presentation of material on the new standards.
- Support in making training and other materials, and if needed support in delivering the presentation or workshops
- Support the reporting workstream which focusses on (amongst others) defining a new CoA and related processes
- Participate in meetings with the actuarial workstream on Financial Impact Assessments and other quantitative tests and support in assessing the implications of the tests for the technical deliverables.
- Work together with other team members to provide an accounting advice on (amongst others) following topics:
- IFRS 17: product classification, combinations, level of aggregation, unbundling of components, contract boundaries, fulfilment cash flows, etc.
- IFRS 9: SPPI – test, temporary disclosures, business model test, etc.
- Outcome and application of the IASB TRG clarifications
- Financial statement new disclosures and presentation
- Degree holder with professional qualification in AICPA, HKICPA or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience gained within a multinational environment with regional exposure
- Strong accounting policy technical skills
- Strong knowledge of IFRS 9 and 17
- Experience with insurance and financial services industries strongly preferred
- Independent and self-motivated
- Good team player and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and changing environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English