Senior Manager / Associate Director – Accounting Policy
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Michael Fong
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-26 2019-09-24 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This critical position is responsible to establish the group accounting policies in accordance with IFRS, review complex and non-standard transactions, conduct accounting researches and analysis to support various business initiatives, as well as provide guidance and training to strengthen the capability of business units in the Group to achieve high financial reporting standard
- Accounting Policy Setting:
- Establish Group IFRS accounting policies in accordance with IFRS pronouncements published from time to time.
- Responsible for writing up OAP newsletter to communicate key accounting policy issues across operating units.
- Accounting Advisory Support:
- Advise on complex external (e.g. acquisitions, distribution agreements, etc.) and internal (i.e. derivatives, hedging, restructuring) transactions in the form of advising on contractual structure and technical accounting memos on desired accounting position.
- Conduct accounting research and evaluate alternatives, recommend accounting approaches that are both practical and most appropriate to the operating environment of the company on various topics.
- Support senior management and operating units in ad hoc accounting issues.
- Support development/coaching of accounting policy team
- Lead IFRS Implementation:
- Drive implementation of effective IFRS standards (excluding IFRS 17 & 9).
- Monitor the developments of IASB standard setting activities relevant to the Group and perform impact analysis.
- Conduct training and communicate policy updates to strengthen the reporting capability of business units.
- Turn-around time of business requests and assignments
- Quality of the deliverables
- Degree holder with professional qualification in AICPA, HKICPA or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience gained within a multinational environment with regional exposure
- Strong accounting policy technical skills
- Experience with insurance and financial services industries strongly preferred
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong team player and excellent communication skills
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and changing environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Organisational/multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders at various levels