Investment Analyst - TMT - Hedge Fund
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Adam Stewart
Date posted 15 April 20192019-04-15 2019-06-14 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 1 2 2 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
The client is a multi-billion, fundamental long/short equity fund. This position will be based in Hong Kong and sit within their TMT investment team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of investment experience covering the TMT sector.
- The Analyst will be responsible for assisting Portfolio Managers in assessing opportunities for publicly listed TMT companies based on rigorous fundamental research, designing trading strategies, and monitoring positions in the Portfolio.
- Focus on proprietary in-depth bottom-up fundamental research, with extensive interaction with company management teams, sell-side analysts, and other related industrial professionals
- Build up preliminary financial models of the targeted companies; Clearly present ground work materials and conclusions to the whole investment team during internal discussions or meetings
- Create historical and projected financial models, analysing key financial and operational metrics
- Generate in-depth research reports based on specific earnings forecasts, providing key supports to investment decisions
- Identify a company's worth and how that fits in with the sell-side earnings revision cycle
- Fluent in English & Mandarin
- Have extensive TMT sector experience across (ideally) more than one geographic region
- Fundamental analysis - we take a deep dives into companies and take big stakes, so the ideal candidate should have a sound fundamental analytic background (i.e. not a trading or market neutral background)
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline
- Highly independent thinker, sound judgement and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and information collection capability