Associate, Growth Capital Private Equity
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jack Kelly
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-13 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Fantastic opportunity for associate looking to have an impactful and rewarding career in the growth capital private equity space.
This is a fund backed by one of the largest non-SOE enterprises in the region. It is an independent growth capital private equity fund with a mandate to invest in small and medium enterprises across APAC (China, Japan, Australia and New Zealand in particular). This fund is aimed at investing in companies that produce quality and safe goods for the growing China middle class.
The driving force behind this fund is one of the highest profile entrepreneurs in China who has committed at least USD100mn of seed capital from his firm (with further commitments to come). They are also well on their way to raising an additional USD500mn from outside investors.
The fund will be run by a senior investment professional who previously ran Goldman Sachs principal investments business in Tokyo and has held several senior investment and managerial positions in Asia.
This is a strategic long terms business and they want to make sure they hire people who have a similar mindset. Growth Capital investing to them means providing more than just cash to a business. It is about building multi-generational businesses.
• Carry out thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of target companies with the goal of making individual investments of USD30-50mn in such businesses
• Build financial models of the targeted companies; Clearly present ground work materials and conclusions to CIO and whole investment team during internal discussions or meetings.
• Create historical and projected financial models, analysing key financial and operational metrics.
• Generate in-depth research reports based on specific earnings forecasts, providing key support to final investment decisions.
• Utilise data and analytics from the parent company’s platforms to assist in investment decisions.
• Work with each portfolio company and utilise the vast amount of data analytics from the parent company to help in making operational decisions to grow the business (e.g.: Identify where and when customer demand is, deciding on inventory levels, identifying certain buying trends across product lines, etc.)
• Display a passion for developing entrepreneurship in the region and work towards building SME’s and the next generation of business leaders to realise their potential.
• Native Mandarin and fluent English language skills.
• Experience in working for an international business, ideally in an overseas location.
• Experience in/exposure to sectors such as healthcare/pharmaceuticals, food, and consumer retail is a benefit but not a must.
• Background in one of IBD, Private Equity, Management Consulting or in-house Strategy & Corporate Development.