Multilingual Investment Role - Leading Global Hedge Fund
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Chris Corcoran
Date posted 29 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Leading global hedge fund is looking to add to their investment team.
A key requirement for any successful candidate is that they are multilingual. This is because you will be expected to cover multiple markets throughout the region and interact with sell-side practitioners in different countries. For this reason, client relationship, business development and sales skills are essential. At this point in time, the team is looking for an individual with fluent Japanese, Mandarin and English. Korean would be an advantage.
The extent and type of experience that a candidate has is less important compared to the person’s personality, ambition and cultural fit within the business. Clearly a background and interest in financial markets is important but language capability and a willingness to learn are two of the top criteria.
- Background or interest in financial markets
- Experience: 1 year minimum, 5 years maximum
- Undergraduate degree in a finance or business discipline
- Proficient in MS Excel and Bloomberg
- Relationship management experience an advantage
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, Japanese and Mandarin is a must (Korean an advantage)