Associate Director, Regional Analytic
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-08-13 banking Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Drive balance sheet optimisation through embedment and usage of forecasting and analytic solutions. The candidate should be the key driver and promoter for the use of forecasting and analytics tools in balance sheet management and strategy formulation in the countries
- The main objectives for this role are:
- Drive balance sheet optimisation through embedment and usage of forecasting and analytic solutions. The candidate should be the key driver and promoter for the use of forecasting and analytics tools in balance sheet management and strategy formulation in the countries.
- Drive the design and embedment of the country / regional instances of any group strategic programme. Collaborate with other Treasury teams to on design and methodologies while considering current data, system / platform capabilities / constrains.
- Act as the key contact for the Treasury country team in the region.
- Work closely with Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk team to understand their business needs / pain points and translate it into clear requirements and business benefits.
- Working with broader Treasury Modelling and Platform team and other project team to devise a solution that addresses Regional team’s needs / pain points. Ensure the final solution is embedded with Regional team and with realised business benefits.
- Ensure the accuracy of the liquidity risk forecasting, collaborate with broader Treasury and technology teams and drive the resolution of any issues / enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytical solutions in driving revenue generation and/or operational efficiency, and lead these initiatives.
- Support the central analytics team in standardising methodologies and solutions, ensuring that the regional perspective is represented and solutions are ‘fit-for-purpose’ to fulfil business benefits.
- Drive continuous improvement, streamline and standardisation of processes in the Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk team to ensure they operate efficiently.
- Country level Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk
- Regional and Central Modelling and Platforms
- Treasury Liquidity / FTP
- Treasury GFS teams (Poland and India)
- Relevant Project teams
- Finance teams
- Technology / External Vendors / External Consultants
- Degree in Finance / Statistics / Engineering or other quantitative field.
- 5+ years’ experience from banking or consulting, with exposure to Treasury, Asset and Liability Management, IRRBB & Liquidity Risk.
- Strong understanding of balance sheet management and liquidity risk management concepts.
- Proven ability to comprehend business requirements and processes, and to identify inefficiency, risk, and to provide appropriate business solutions or alternatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to forge strong relationships with counterparts and stakeholders at varying levels of management.
- Fast learner, self starter with a “can do” attitude.
- Critical thinker with good analytical skills and able to tackle problems pragmatically.
- Previous experience in working with treasury system / platform is highly desirable.
- Technical skills such as SQL and VBA are desirable but not essential.
Ideally, the candidate would come from a banking or Treasury / Risk consulting background.