CIB Operations – Financial Reporting Associate
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Christy Zhang
Date posted 19 December 2018 2018-12-192019-02-17 banking Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Financial Reporting Associate (FRA) is primarily responsible for the day-to-day service management of one or more clients; ensuring queries are answered, problems are resolved and issues are escalated. As the point of enquiry/escalation for the clients, a broad knowledge of fund accounting is required together with sound experience of managing clients.
- Production and validation of a suite of IFRS-compliant and regulatory reports timely and accurately
- Interaction with internal & external parties (Clients, Fund Managers, Relationship Managers, Client Service) to respond to any accounting or financial reporting-related queries that may arise
- Take full ownership for all reporting activities and project management of service change request for a group of clients/accounts
- Ongoing analysis of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
- Coordination of visits to accounting clients, for periodic service reviews, accounting/ technology training
- Maintenance of an orderly set of records for each client, including client service level agreements, to facilitate query management and internal or external audits
- Support of the Financial Reporting Manager in the continuous development of processes & controls within the team
- Training & development of junior members of the Financial Reporting Team
- Fluency in written & spoken English & Mandarin; Korean/ Japanese language skill is an advantage
- University graduate with major in Finance/Accounting preferred
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in audit and fund accounting
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment. Experience of IFRS / IAS is an advantage
- Professional approach to delivering quality client service
- Disciplined in the following of departmental procedures in order to meet deadlines.
- Committed approach with the ability to communicate effectively within a small team.
- Flexible & willing to work additional hours at peak reporting times if necessary
- Knowledge of stock market practices & data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg)
- Detailed understanding of MS Office Applications (Excel, VBA, Access, Word)