Senior Analyst, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Contributes to the overall success of the GBM Finance in Hong Kong ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives; Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Support effective and efficient operations of the Financial / Regulatory Reporting functions to ensure accurate preparation of the Financial & Regulatory Reporting to meet stipulated deadlines.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Maintain sound knowledge and understanding of all approved operating procedures including accounting and reporting requirements, local banking and taxation requirements, SOX requirements and multi-currency general ledger system to ensure the operation efficiency of financial and regulatory reporting functions.
- Prepare and analyse variances on financial and regulatory returns of the company to ensure accurate and timely submission to Head Office, Hong Kong Monetary Authority, and Company Registry.
- Ensure completeness and correctness of monthly submission of Monthly Trial Balance in compliance with both Local and Head Office standards through the maintenance of GAAP transit. Responsible for quarterly profits close-out and remittance to E.O. Timely escalation of any exceptions.
- Responsible for monitoring of the statutory requirements on liquidity, capital adequacy and large exposure for the company. Conduct regular projections on liquidity for presentation in the monthly ALCO meeting, and scenario analysis on liquidity and capital adequacy on ad hoc basis for management decision making.
- Support the effective and efficient operations of the company and BNS Securities (HK) Limited (local subsidiary with SFC license) by providing financial / regulatory reporting, company secretarial and administrative services.
- Maintain sound knowledge of Inland Revenue tax updates. Prepare the annual tax returns of local subsidiaries in accordance with local Inland Revenue Ordinance to ensure accurate and timely tax filing.
- Assist in the maintenance of the banking returns preparation system (RegPro) to ensure all regulatory and operation systems update are properly accounted for.
- Maintenance of general ledger system, EUCs documentation and Portal to ensure compliance with Bank standards.
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree holder in Accounting and Finance or related discipline.
- Qualified accountants with professional membership, preferably CPA.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in all areas of finance, accounting and taxation of an international bank.
- Proficiency in PC skills, especially Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and Word.