Manager, Projects & Process Engineering, GBM Finance
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 05 October 2018 2018-10-052018-12-04 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Contributes to the overall success of the GBM Finance in Greater China ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives; Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his / her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML / ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison / values / business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- General Accountability – Assist the Director, Finance, Greater China in the development, implementation, maintenance and support of new system implementation and/or replacement of existing accounting / operating systems or enhancement of MIS reports related optimization projects in Greater China units.
- Knowledge Base – Maintain a sound knowledge of the Bank’s approved accounting and operating procedures, local Regulatory requirements, Accounting requirements and IFRS, EUCs, local Taxation and SOX requirements
- Participation in and contribute to assigned projects and change initiatives – Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of processes and procedures required by GBM Finance to accurately, completely and efficiently performs their finance / reporting activities. Perform business analysis and set user requirements. Coordinate for execute / support various stages of system testing. Involve in problem management and investigation. Ensure incident status is well tracked. Always with a view to ensuring that implementation is achieved in a complete, accurate and timely manner and in support of the performance of Finance teams in Greater China units. Ensure process / control documentation supporting internally assigned projects is kept updated at all times. In fulfilling this role, ensure compliance with both local, IFRS and Canadian GAAP regulations.
- Process (Re) Engineering – Initiating and managing technical and/or process (re-) engineering projects undertaken to improve the efficiency and/or reduce risk contained within the work process in Greater China units. Assist in resolving problems of the group with a specific focus on creating tangible / measurable operational efficiencies through the application of business, financial and process engineering knowledge. Providing guidance, direction, and counsel to Greater China employees in Finance to optimise productivity and teamwork within the department.
- Quality Control and Compliance – Conduct periodic review to ensure established processes and procedures are properly followed and remain valid.
- Others –
- Assist in annual SOX testing / certification and attend to internal / external audits
- Undertake ad hoc financial projects / reviews for Greater China units as directed by Senior Management.
- Given the level of complexity, the incumbent must have a technical skillset, commercial mind, and a minimum bachelor’s degree in business, accountancy, finance or possesses a professional / accounting designation. The incumbent should also have a solid understanding of asset / liability management concepts, foreign exchange exposures and performance measurement tools/criteria.
- The incumbent requires an excellent understanding of the banking and accounting procedures, principles, a proficiency in relevant P.C. software, ability to conceptualize problems and clearly communicate solutions, ability to apply analytical techniques for evaluating investments and make sound recommendations. The incumbent must also be in possession of a wide range of knowledge in Banking Systems especially in the area of bank accounting, banking security and have at least 8-10 years of experience.
- The incumbent also requires strong organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communication abilities to direct varied activities within tight deadlines, alleviate conflicts as they arise and liaise with senior management in the field, E.O. and the regional office. He should also have thorough knowledge of the Region and the ability to make decisions independently on how issues should be handled.
- The incumbent acts independently in ensuring accountabilities are carried out in accordance with established schedules and ensuring items are dealt with in timely fashion. Policy decisions are referred to the senior management, together with analysis and recommendations, as appropriate. The incumbent provides direct support to the senior management on day-to-day issues.