CDO Data Strategy Lead
Salary Attractive pacakges + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Christy Zhang
Date posted 16 August 2018 2018-08-162018-10-15 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Translating business issues and needs to operational teams or major projects, to allow those requirements to be understood, prioritised and addressed
- Translating business issues and needs to operational teams or major projects, to allow those requirements to be understood, prioritised and addressed
- Developing solutions to intractable problems with the business, operations and IT
- Ensuring that the Strategy for GBM businesses is supported effectively by the major change programmes, as they deliver consistently to the data architecture
- Representing CDO within business data governance, understanding requirements and ensuring consistency of delivery
- Ensuring that GBM ASP business COOs are fully briefed on priority issues and improvement roadmaps for their business
- The successful candidate will be expected to have a strong knowledge of the GBM, and specifically the Markets business, and supporting infrastructure and processes. They must have the ability to work closely with a demanding & diverse set of stakeholders, leverage the component parts of the broader CDO team with strategic project leads to ensure the right prioritised problems are understood, that the right solutions are defined and developed, and that the program roadmaps reflect the work required to deploy those solutions in the Asia Pacific region
- The role will provide business leadership, coaching and mentoring to junior team members
- Impact on the Business / Function
- Actively manage the relationship / engagement with the core regional / local stakeholders within both the business – HSS, Banking, Markets, and the IT community,
- Define the right priorities, and engage with the CDO and strategic project teams to ensure those priorities are embedded within the execution work streams
- Provide data consultancy to senior GBM stakeholders and project teams, to resolve or provide recommendations for resolution of data issues
- Communicate with stakeholders so that the full benefits of the implementations are understood, and the partnership with CDO is strategically valuable to the business
- Customers / Stakeholders
- Build trusting relationships with stakeholders by consistently eliciting requirements that meet and deliver upon their business needs.
- Assure requirements coming from multiple areas are aligned and conflicts are resolved effectively.
- Partner with business to identify and resolve data quality issues as part of new business initiatives and existing and new regulations.
- 10 or more years of Finance experience with excellent knowledge of investment banking and/or global markets, and security services
- Strong awareness of regulatory requirements for Financial Services industry
- Experience of working with and influencing COO level stakeholders
- Ability to build connections, promote ideas and work collaboratively across all levels of seniority and across regional and business boundaries
- Ability to synthesise information through excellent written and oral communications skills
- Logical and practical – ability to see the wood through the trees and act on it
- Self-motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential
Candidate with less experience will be considered for associate title.