Equities Product Control
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD65,000 per month + Attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 10 August 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Role Overview: The global investment bank is seeking for an AVP level equities product controller to join their team on a 6-month contract, subject to conversion base on fit.
- Daily P&L & Balance Sheet Reporting
- The product control function is responsible for the accurate reporting of daily P&L, various controls are performed in order to complete the verification. This includes: ensuring the accuracy of trade bookings; correct use of models; and accuracy of data feeds/flows. It requires a detailed understanding of the businesses and the products which are traded.
- Controls Monitoring
- In order for the P&L and validations processes to be performed with reliability and accuracy, various control reports are monitored. This requires detailed understanding of the products traded, booking methodologies, valuation/risk models, settlement processes and accounting representations. New products and expanding businesses also present a continuous challenge to Product Control.
- Monitor control reports to ensure accuracy of data for P&L, validation and downstream processes.
- Perform front office/back office reconciliations and ensure issues are cleared on timely basis.
- Line product control expert on book and trader mandate maintenance.
- Drive improvements in controls and efficiency. Where required, liaise with projects experts in Hong Kong and global counterparts.
- University Degree or equivalent education.
- Institutional knowledge of Investment Banking.
- Product control experience
- Knowledge in one of major asset class (Equities, FX, FI)
- Strong control mindset and has good understanding of P&L processes and associated controls.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Understanding of vanilla equity derivative products preferred but not essential.
This is a leading investment bank with a global presence.