Senior Business Consultant - 6 months Contract
Salary HKD70,000 - HKD80,000 per month + Attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Shan Yong
Date posted 19 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
To cope with continuous business growth, our Client is undergoing a Global Optimisation Project. The incumbent will need to have strong Fund Accounting / Fund Admin / Investment Operations background. Hands on experience as a Business Analysis in back office application management / buy side environment is an advantage.
- Application Solutions
- Work closely with global counterparties to identify solutions and alternatives to business and application problems, outlining their relative merits, cost, compatibility to ensure clients make informed decisions
- Establish relationships with work area leaders in order to determine optimal solutions for complex business needs
- Ensure stakeholders have a common understanding of project deliverables and parameters (e.g. Time, cost, quality and benefits)
- Build and maintain external vendor relationships to keep abreast of changing practices in the financial sector and ability to bring together research of options available to assist business partners in making informed decisions regarding specific business needs
- Application Management
- Proactively identify issues, modifying plans as business conditions change, assessing courses of action and developing recommendations
- Able to communication and escalate project risks and issues to project team and stakeholders
- Ensure that all processes and applications continue to meet the mandated regulatory and compliance requirement.
- Development of test strategies, test plans, test cases and expected results in consultation with clients to ensure that initiatives being implemented meet expected deliverables.
- Maintaining focus as priorities change, keeping business needs and importance in perspective as it relates to overall strategic goals and communicating these changes to business lines in an understandable, justified and acceptable means
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands on experience with Application Management functions and Business Analysis experience
- University degree in Financial or Technology related discipline
- Proven capability in initiating, motivating and managing change effectively, independently as well as part of a team in an international setting
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills, great attention to details and methodology with a service oriented interpersonal style.
- Key Business Functions experiences include Back Office (Client and Internal Reporting, Cash Management, NAV oversight, Position Reconciliation, Asset Servicing, Securities Operations and Accounting)
- Key Applications experiences would include: investment accounting system (e.g. SimCorp Dimension, Portia, Eagle Star, HiPort, SS&C Pacer, Maximus and Lawson Financial Applications)
- Knowledge and project experience with Fund Administrator, Transfer Agency and Custodian
- Knowledge and background of global and Asian accounting frameworks is an advantage
- Knowledge and project experience with other Asian local back office application is an advantage
- Experience on Bloomberg AIM is an advantage
- Highly developed presentation and communication skills
- Large scale global project experience in Asia/ Asia Pacific is a definite advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Ability to travel and work in teams and independently across an international setting