AVP EFS Product Control - Contract
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD65,000 per month + Attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Shan Yong
Date posted 18 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This role will sit within the Equity Products team. It is a 6 months contract, subjected to conversion based on fit.
- Daily P&L & Balance Sheet Reporting
- The product control function is responsible for the accurate reporting of daily P&L, various controls are performed in order to complete the verification. This includes: ensuring the accuracy of trade bookings; correct use of models; and accuracy of data feeds/flows. It requires a detailed understanding of the businesses and the products which are traded.
- Controls Monitoring
- In order for the P&L and validations processes to be performed with reliability and accuracy, various control reports are monitored. This requires detailed understanding of the products traded, booking methodologies, valuation/risk models, settlement processes and accounting representations. New products and expanding businesses also present a continuous challenge to Product Control.
- Monitor control reports to ensure accuracy of data for P&L, validation and downstream processes.
- Perform FOBO reconciliations and ensure issues are cleared on timely basis.
- Line product control expert on book and trader mandate maintenance.
- Drive improvements in controls and efficiency. Where required, liaise with projects experts in HK and counterparts in London/ Singapore/New York.
- University Degree or equivalent education.
- Institutional knowledge of Investment Banking.
- Strong control mindset and has good understanding of P&L processes and associated controls.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Product Control experience preferred but not essential.
- Understanding of vanilla equity derivative products preferred but not essential.