AVP - FinRep / Accounting Policy - Contract
Salary HKD35,000 - HKD50,000 per month + Attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Shan Yong
Date posted 21 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The legal entity controller will be responsible for financial reporting / accounting policy for the Bank's HK and Macau's entities. He / She will represent Finance on new product assessment and new accounting policy implementations. It is a 6 months contract, subjected to conversion based on performance.
- Responsible for the company entities financial reporting process.
- Lead a team to ensure timely and accurate submission of head office reporting and regulatory returns.
- Coordinate financial disclosure and regulatory reporting of the new requirements (e.g. new Pillar 3 disclosures).
- Perform assessment on the accounting treatment for current / new products and business, including general ledger booking logic and the financial and regulatory reporting impact
- Review and implement new accounting standard requirements. Perform impact assessment and work with relevant department to roll out new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9).
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines and a qualified accountant
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in financial institutions or CPA firms and currently in managerial grade,
- Strong knowledge on banking products and related accounting treatment
- Good knowledge on financial control framework for banks
- Good writing skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and good people management
- Attentive to details and accuracy and drive for process efficiency
- Self-motivated and able to work independently