Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Elise Mak
Date posted 20 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The position is for an individual contributor position, but the person will manage fund administrator and other professional firms that provide various fund administration related services. The position will also act as the key source of various fund’s analysis for internal planning as well as for investor relations purposes. Therefore, the person needs to be able to handle complex spreadsheet calculation tasks but the person also needs to be comfortable with dealing with multiple service providers and coordinate with them in often complex and logistics under tight schedule. Therefore, the person should also be able to feel comfortable to work with external experts and efficiently coordinate with them in order to produce deliverables on schedule.
- By guiding the fund administrator, Alter Domus Hong Kong, and by working very closely with other professional service providers, such as PwC, Maples, and Debevoise & Plimpton, the person will be responsible for the following fund accounting and other fund administration areas:
- Quarterly financial reports and annual audited reports, as well as capital account statements.
- Valuation of portfolio companies by working closely with investment teams.
- Waterfall and carried interest calculations.
- Capital calls and distribution notices, as well as payments.
- SPV accounting and cash management by working with local corporate secretary service providers and accounting service providers.
- Tax reporting, such as K-1 and FATCA, as well as tax implication analysis by working with tax advisor.
- Relevant regulatory filings by working with law firms and compliance service providers.
- Ad-hoc analysis for the investors of the fund as well as for internal planning purposes, including but not limited to 1) investment return analysis such as multiples and IRR, 2) management fee and other expense analysis, 3) cash flow simulation and forecast, 4) carried interest analysis and simulations including claw-back, and 5) reconciliation of various reports and notices.
- Other general administration tasks as needed basis.
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant in IFRS.
- At least 5 years of experience in fund accounting, audit and/or financial due diligence.
- Accounting experience as a fund administrator, fund manager, or in relevant companies.
- Proficient in English and Chinese.
- Japanese communication skill is a plus but not a must.
- Hong Kong permanent resident, or employment visa dependent.