Assistant Manager - Product Support / Projects
Salary HKD32000 - HKD35000 per month + Attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Shan Yong
Date posted 17 October 2016
The ideal candidate will be expected to be more business and project oriented. He / she should have a solid appreciation of the Bank's technologies and tools such as existing functionality, report writers, interfaces and other system features. A good mix of business, analytical, operational, project, communications and management skills are essential.
- This position will be called upon to oversee the business and operational aspects of Pension projects, and be a primary liaison between the user community and the technical groups for the purposes of a specific project.
- The role will be expected to take a lead role in all non-technical phases of a project for which he/she is responsible and to ensure that business and clients’ requirements are defined, validated and met. Although this is a non-technical position and many business and clients’ problems will have non-automated solutions, the role does require a high level of technical aptitude to ensure accurate problem analysis, comprehensive reviews of solutions including the leveraging of current systems and effective liaison with technical staff, project team, management and vendors.
- The role may, depending upon assignment scope and staffing, be called upon to; co-ordinate or participate in designated projects, help develop project plans and staff.
- The role may be responsible for managing a team of business analysts to analyse and define the business requirements, be participating as a business expert in recommending and implementing solutions as well as communicating the solutions effectively to Management, Project Team and IT.
- The role may, depending upon the department resources, be called upon to manage the UAT and production support teams to ensure the delivery of system enhancements meeting user/clients’ requirements and quality standards.
- The role must be able to operate effectively both in a team and as an individual contributor. The position requires a solid understanding of the business functions being supported and the interrelationships of the associated Bank departments, applications and process flows.
Experience / Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal (oral and written) and diplomacy skills
- Well developed operational management skills and strong organisations skills
- With at least 3-5 years of experience in Project Management, System Implementation, Process Review or Operations Management
- Good Knowledge and understanding on Finance and Pension Industry is an advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Good working knowledge of information technology
- Good project management skills
- Good systems evaluation and implementation skills
About the Client
Our client is one of the global banks with an extensive network. They promote work life balance, a career progression and a chance to be part of their extensive network.