TMT Associate, Bulge Bracket Investment Bank
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Humphrey Wilson
Date posted 08 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An international bulge bracket investment bank is seeking an Associate for its TMT investment banking coverage team.
The bank’s TMT Banking coverage team is seeking an experienced Associate. The team counts among its clients a wide variety of technology, media and telecom industry participants at every stage of the corporate lifecycle. These clients include large, multi-national technology software and hardware providers, rapidly growing pre-IPO digital media companies, and leading semiconductor and technology systems and infrastructure players.
The TMT Associate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. The Associate will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the Firm's M&A execution and capital raising capabilities and contribute to building the bank's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. The Associate will have strong functional skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Associates within TMT have the opportunity to play an integral role working with some of the most sophisticated clients in the world in assessing and executing their highest priority strategic alternatives, including raising debt and equity and advising on mergers and acquisitions. Typical responsibilities include:
• Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
• Have a working knowledge of the relevant industry sectors and the Firm's product and service offerings. The Associate will be expected to develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and will work alongside senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions.
• Participate in building the business over the long term by developing individual expertise in an appropriate industry and contributing to enhancing the bank’s franchise.
• Undergraduate degree
• 3 - 5 years previous Investment Banking experience is required or 1 year as an Associate.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
• Strong financial modelling/valuation and analytical skills
• Ability comfortably to interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
• Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
• Strong intellectual curiosity
• Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
• Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
• Fluent Mandarin essential