Manager, Corporate Development APAC
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 28 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Role Overview: The corporate development manager will ensure goals, plans, initiatives are executed and/or delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. He/she will ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. A one year direct employment with strong chance to renew and convert. Applicants must be able to speak English and Chinese (Mandarin) to be considered.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Independently execute regional strategic restructuring or tax/cost efficient initiatives from the beginning to the end by coordinating with multi-disciplinary internal teams and external advisers and regulators, including research/analysis, business cases/management presentations, regulatory applications, budgeting and resources planning, implementation of milestones, to ensure the initiatives are completed on time and on budget
- Manage and drive corporate governance related projects, including but not limited to initiatives to dissolve or set up entities by navigating through and working with various functions in the region and from the headquarter (North America)
- Support M&A related activities of the department, manage the implementation / post signing phase of the transaction, including following up with all closing deliverable and funds flow of the transaction, ensuring consistency among all transaction documents and regulatory applications, coordinating with various functions to provide up-to-date disclosure, as well as managing through the post-closing migration and integration until the full separation
- Provide assistance for the regional CFO and the Director with respect to managing the Bank’s affiliates in APAC, including but not limited to board meetings, shareholder meetings, governmental and regulatory meetings, regular financial presentations, technical assistance (including secondees) and other ad-hoc initiatives as required
- Managing GBM initiatives across the region in a broad spectrum of activities as well as ad-hoc analysis requested by senior executives
- University degree related to business; finance and/or accounting.
- 5+ years professional experience in the financial services industry, with an understanding of the Bank’s operations and activities. Past experience in bank industry
- An accounting designation, CFA or MBA is desirable
- Strong project management experience
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluency in English in mandatory and Mandarin (oral and written) is desirable
- Requires a high level of project management experience with superior organizational skills in order to monitor the status of multiple assigned projects, which vary in complexity and urgency
- Possess strong financial analysis and time management skills to deliver results under tight deadlines with multiple simultaneous priorities
- An analytical thinker, capable of reviewing, understanding, analyzing, and drawing conclusions from financial data in an efficient and effective manger. Strong writing skills are critical to the success of this position, as the incumbent must be able to organise their thoughts in a logical manner and to write clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Superior oral/written communication skills, including preparing memos and creating presentations
- Knowledge of banking financial statements, products and capital adequacy concepts
- Experience with business line and corporate-level strategy formulation is an asset
- Attention to detail
This is a leading bank with a strong presence globally.