Hong Kong CEO, Large Financial Services Group
Salary Discretionary bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Mirjam Gustafsson
Date posted 14 October 2016
The Firm, a large financial service company that offers a wide range of products and services to it's insititutional and retail clients is looking for a CEO to head up their Hong Kong office. The candidate needs to hold at least a Type 1 and Type 6 license.
- Manage overall Company’s business in equities trading (retail and institutional), corporate finance, equity capital markets, online trading & mobile trading, custodial services and margin financing
- Maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism throughout the firm and preserve and enhance the good reputation and goodwill of the Company with all clients.
- Work with the regional SBG heads in ensuring that the revenue budget and Balanced Scorecard targets are met
- Monitor the implementation and management of the Group’s corporate strategies/plans for new and existing businesses to meet our Company’s objectives
- Ensure the Company is at all times is in compliance with relevant Acts, Rules and Regulations of the HK local regulator directives and guidelines
- Build, develop and expand key client relationships for the Group in HK and penetrating share of wallet for the Group in key GAM accounts
- Provide senior management support in the marketing and origination of Investment Banking transactions with the Corporate Finance / Corporate Finance Coverage / DCM teams
- Develop and maintain a robust Risk Management framework across enterprise, market, credit and operational risk.
- Create new initiatives with Regional and Country to upgrade existing frameworks and improve processes including self assessment exercises
- Work closely with other Board Members and other senior management personnel at all times
- Revenue growth
- Profit before tax
- Cost to income ratio
- Return on Equity
- Gross NPL – Share Margin Financing
- Size of AuM
- Value of Loans Portfolio
- No of new IB Manadates
- Equities Marklet Share
- % of Key Initiatives completed
- No of successful corporate referrals
- Talent management
- Employee engagement
- Degree / Master Degree in Finance / Management
- Minimum experience of 15 years in Investment banking / stock broking
- Strong network of client base
- Good relationship with regulators
- In-depth understand of risk and compliance issues
- Ability and experience to balance between business and risk decisions
- Wide product knowledge across equities, debt, investment banking and also structured finance
- Licensing requirements: Trading in Equities (Type 1) and Corporate Finance (Type 6) and preferably sponsor license (SFC)
About the firm: The firm have had operations since early 2000's and have through various acquistions been able to offer a wide range of services to it's clients incl. capital raisings, corporate finance, investment advisory, stock broking and derivatives trading to both institutional and retail investors.
They hold a strategic postion in Hong Kong and offer cross border financial services in 7 Asian markets.