Regulatory Compliance- Director- International Banking Group
Salary HKD1,500,000 - HKD2,000,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Reshma Gope
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-16 2019-09-10 financial-services hong kong HK HKD 1500000 2000000 2000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international corporate investment bank with a successful brand in Asia is looking to hire their Regulatory Compliance Head for Hong Kong. You will be leading a team of senior compliance, driving the compliance initiatives and maintaining a strong compliance culture within the bank.
Your day to day responsibilities would include-
• Oversight of all the compliance activities in relation to the bank’s business in Hong Kong.
• Ensure the businesses meet the requirements of the local applicable rules and regulations.
• Manage the local Compliance and AML teams.
• Create close working relationships with the compliance heads in different locations in Asia and globally.
• Supervise the ongoing effectiveness and implementation of local compliance programs and projects initiatives.
• Oversee the development, operation and facilitation of compliance training programs.
• Supervise the relationship with all the local regulators and be their first point of contact.
• Support the Global Head of Compliance, as well as Compliance counterparts on compliance initiatives and developments.
• Participate as a member including presentation of reports as required to the Asia Executive.
• Advise on regional audits and risk assessments reviews.
You will have the following experience and skillsets-
• A minimum of 10 years’ compliance experience with a Corporate bank/Retail bank/Investment Bank/Regulators
• You will have subject matter expertise in regulatory compliance and general compliance in Hong Kong
• An excellent leader who will lead by example and promote a strong compliance culture
• A thorough understanding of the banking products
• Fluency in English and Cantonese required, fluency in Mandarin desired
• Experience with managing regional and global relationships with senior stakeholders
• Deep understanding of banking regulatory matters, and AML laws in Hong Kong
• Strong interpersonal skills, judgment, and flexibility
• Ability to manage competing priorities and provide a high level of responsiveness across multiple stakeholders and jurisdictions