VP Equities Compliance- Foreign Investment Bank
Salary HKD1,200,000 - HKD1,500,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Reshma Gope
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-08-13 banking hong kong HK HKD 1200000 1500000 1500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role sits within the Global Markets Compliance team in HK. The incumbent will support the Head of HK Markets Compliance in providing high quality and trusted regulatory advice to the Heads of relevant HK Markets business and support functions and to Country Management
• Undertake analysis of complex regulatory proposals, including consultation papers issued by regulators and other changes to regulation arising from Regional and Global Regulators (e.g. MIFID, Dodd Frank etc.) and provide concise advice to the “Equities Business areas” including Equity Financing Group, Equity Derivatives Group and electronic trading businesses lines of key impacts. Make recommendations on how the business can implement measures to achieve desired business outcomes.
• In conjunction with Senior Management, devise and implement a strategy for the Equities Business areas to deliver successful outcomes in relation to regulatory issues through trusted relationships and timely engagement.
• Act as Group lead on assigned regulatory issues, creating governance and working group structures to develop views on thematic challenges and on specific regulatory issues.
• Establish trusted advisory relationships with and provide advice to business Managing Directors, and provide regulatory advice in support of business objectives.
• Analyse complex regulatory issues arising through new regulation and respond to external stakeholders such as Regulators and other third Party stakeholders.
• Identify key regulatory issues which have potential for significant Inherent Risk and perform detailed analysis through the timely and detailed completion of the Conduct Relevant Risk Assessments (CRA and RCSA) in conjunction with global counterparts
• As required through the change in the regulatory landscape, working closely with Senior Management within Equities Business areas, develop and contribute to drafting of specific desk procedures and development management information initiatives
• Work with Head of HK Market Compliance and represent Compliance in business led projects which require detailed knowledge of the relevant regulation and provide concise guidance on regulatory implications, including but not limited to the following subjects:
o Best execution
o Conflicts of Interest
o India ODI regime
o Short Selling Requirement
• Displaying a proactive willingness to network, developing links within external parties within the industry and representing Barclays in undertaking work with the external industry trade associations.
• Lead the development and the roll-out of bespoke training in relation to matters of remediation and compliance policies
• Strong track record of successful performance in Compliance in an investment bank or similar regulatory role at an investment exchange or financial regulator.
• Excellent, in-depth knowledge of APAC regulation. Comprehensive knowledge of Compliance policies relevant to assigned business areas.
• Extensive experience of working in a Compliance Trading Floor environment.
• Detailed knowledge of Equities Products and the marketing and distribution of such products to institutional and intermediary counterparties targeting retail markets,
• Experience of developing to a high quality level policy, assessing risks, implementing procedures, training, monitoring and review.
• Experience in developing and delivering high quality training on regulatory matters.
• Confident, excellent communication skills, ability to interact and work closely with senior business heads.
• Strong leadership and project management skills.
• Pre-existing or ability to network within Compliance and industry working groups.
• Reliable, dependable, accountable. Personal adaptability to take on ad-hoc deliverables, ability to prioritize own workload and that of other
• Strong ability to quickly understand and interchange at a detailed level with a variety of product areas.
• Ambitious, intelligent, hardworking and proactive individual person who consistently challenges processes and looks for improvements.