Assistant Vice President, Compliance
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD65,000 per month + + attractive benefits
Location Hong KongCONTRACTOR
Consultant Regan Lo
Date posted 06 May 20192019-05-06 2019-06-05 banking Hong Kong HK HKD 50000 65000 65000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Job Overview: The Assistant Vice President is expected to support the Department Head to implement; develop and maintain a sound Compliance/ AML framework.
- Work closely with the Department Head to implement the latest regulations and Group requirements; develop and maintain sound Compliance/AML framework, particular risk management & internal controls in the areas designated by the Head.
- Carry out monitoring over business and operation; provide support and guidance to business lines and back office on normal AML & Sanctions related issues.
- Ensure compliance with AML / KYC and enhance the bank’s compliance risk early alert process i.e. by transactions review and monitoring as well as configuration of monitoring tools in the system.
- Exercise compliance and AML/CFT risk mitigation/prevention as well as in carrying out ad hoc compliance reviews on medium risk or high-risk aspects of the business and operation of the bank.
- Assist the Head in ensuring that staff are trained and aware of the latest regulatory requirements, internal policy standards as well as the latest Group rules.
- Handle ad-hoc tasks and projects as necessary
- University degree preferably in accounting, law, finance, or business related
- 7 - 10 years in AML/regulatory compliance related experience in Banking industry
- Minimum of 2 years in managerial role of banking industry, preferably in commercial banking
- Sound knowledge in the relevant banking laws
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work under pressure
- Be able to work independently and take ownership
- Proficiency in PC skills and MS office applications, such as Excel and MS Word
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Senior Manager.