Director- Hong Kong Head of Compliance- Foreign Banking Group
Salary HKD1,800,000 - HKD2,400,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Reshma Gope
Date posted 18 September 2018 2018-09-182018-11-13 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
You next organization: International banking group with a successful brand in Asia looking to hire their Head of Compliance for Hong Kong. The bank has a significant presence in Asia and you will be joining a close-knit team of compliance professionals, leading the compliance team and promoting a strong compliance culture within the bank.
• As the Hong Kong Head of Compliance, you will be responsible for the corporate and investment banking business compliance department
• You will lead Compliance for the bank, monitor and provide subject matter expertise on compliance with regards to regulatory legislation and rules
• You will drive and manage compliance initiatives & development across the bank
• Provide day to day and strategic leadership and direction to the Hong Kong Compliance Programme of the bank
• Promote an environment that fosters constructive feedback and behavioural change to support the bank with the changing regulatory requirements
• Work with the team to ensure the framework of policies, procedures, training and risk assessment are sufficiently comprehensive, up to date and effective
• Provide guidance and support to the subordinates and business
• Manage and develop the internal compliance requirements and ensure a high level of compliance standard is maintained as well as supported throughout the bank
• Liaise with the local regulator, the senior Stakeholders and global/regional heads of compliance
• Advise the front line on the compliance requirements in line with the latest regulatory requirements
• Supervise and manage the compliance team directly
• Lead implementation of regulatory change programmes within Compliance and the businesses.
• Assess ongoing resource needs with business leads and Compliance management and undertake recruitment as necessary
• Min 12 years’ experience in compliance largely gained in a banking environment with exposure to advisory and regulatory liaison
• Strong understanding of regulations applicable to the corporate and investment banking business in Hong Kong. Plus to have the regional exposure
• Fluency in English/Cantonese/Mandarin is essential
• Good communication skills, both oral and in writing, with the ability to work across different jurisdictions
The bank would offer you a competitive package, benefits, global exposure and a fast-paced work environment.