Compliance - Cryptocurrency Fund
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Tony Wilkey
Date posted 30 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This person will join to lead the compliance function, given the increasing interest in this space the firm is servicing more HNW and fund management clients so strong AML/KYC background is required as well as knowledge of the current ongoing regulatory frameworks in the crypto-currency world. A strong passion for the space is required though relevant compliance experience from a global financial institutional will be enough functional background to succeed in the role.
This person will work with the CEO and the Head of Trading as the Compliance professional for the firm. This is a quite lean environment in a very much "start-up" setting, though the firm has been running for 4+ years. As a "start up" environment this person will need to be quite flexible in the workload they take on, and have a braod knowlege base and willingness to learn quickly in a rapidly developing area.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- overseeing KYC, CDD, AML requirements for new prospective customers across APAC; the firm already services many HNW clients in HK, SG, Japan and elsewhere but are recieving a great amount of increasing interest so this will be a critical part of the job.
- overseeing compliance around partnering with fund managers and institutional investors including KYC and regulatory compliance
- keeping updated on evolving US, HK and global regulations governing the crypto-currency industry
- working with the business in meeting with potential customers to ensure the clients are aware of regulation involved
- any other ad hoc duties as required
This person should have:
- solid grounding in compliance, preferrably in a financial firm servicing High Net Worth or Fund Manager clients, 5+ years in any compliance role should be sufficient
- understanding of KYC, CDD and AML requirements and processes
- strong desire to work in a start-up environment and specifically within crypto-currency
- baseline knowledge of ongoing crypto-currency regulation globally