Private Equity - Legal & Compliance Manager
Salary HKD780,000 - HKD1,140,000 per annum + + Bonus + Fund Participation
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Tony Wilkey
Date posted 13 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Historically in the early stages of this fund manager's history the compliance and regulatory function was managed by the very capable and well respected CFO/COO however as the fund has expanded and continues to grow they would like to add a pure-play compliance professional who can take ownership of this function given the limited bandwidth of senior leadership and the desire to institutionalize the funds infrastructure.
• Reports to Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
• Develop, implement and maintain group wide policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant Hong Kong regulatory requirements
• Fund is licensed with both SFC and SEC so this person will assume oversight of both regulatory relationships and have accountability to ensure full compliance with their requirements
• Coordinate and lead the firmwide Compliance Committee meeting
• Counsel firm leadership on compliance considerations on business expansion and operations in HK, China, US and European.
• At least 5-8 years of dedicated compliance, legal or regulatory experience in a well respected fund management company
• Expert knowledge of SFC requirements of a fund management company and sound busienss knowledge of SEC regulations
• Gravitas and poise to partner with senior leadership and investment professionals on on-going deals, regulatory matters and groupwide policy
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin)