Compliance Manager - Private Banking
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Tony Wilkey
Date posted 19 October 2016
This person will join the compliance team with a focus on the regulatory compliance side working directly on approval of new products and compliance with mission-critical regulatory initiatives.
This person will:
- Ensure the participation and execution of compliance standards in the areas of Compliance policy enforcement and professional standards.
- Review new approval and services from Compliance perspectives in order to ensure that relevant regulatory requirements are fully complied with
- Assist in reviewing products and product risk rating on ongoing basis in accordance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Partner with senior management and regional compliance teams to achieve desired compliance results;
- Conduct relevant reviews with members of the local/ regional office and/ or department compliance network to ensure transparency
- Provide inputs to senior management on the status of compliance, transparency, and overall professional liability performance of colleagues.
- Interpret regulations/ directives, and global/ regional policies; and develops process, policies, procedures and training to support the compliance function in junction with all external and internal and regulations and standards.
This person should have:
- demonstrated experience working in a regional or global bank with strong knowledge of the Private Banking and Wealth Management arenas
- excellent knowledge of new regulatory developments around Wealth Management and Banking products
- experience in a product advisory function working with lines of business on new product approvals
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with senior internal stakeholders and regulatory bodies