Head of Compliance, Boutique European Bank
Salary HKD900000 - HKD1100000 per annum
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Megan Craighead
Date posted 12 October 2016
For the Head of Compliance role, I am looking for someone with a very strong AML and general compliance background, as this person will be the key contact point for the HKMA and guide the overall compliance strategy for the HK branch.
- Developing a compliance strategy and framework that supports the business plan
- Liaising with local regulators and Group Compliance related to compliance matters
- Acting as the contact point to the HKMA for all regulatory matters, including AML
- Ensuring the Bank is in compliance with local regulatory and group compliance framework
- Working with the Chief Executive of the HK Branch and the Global Head of Compliance in Zurich to ensure compliance strategy, covering both general and AML matters, is well developed and meeting all relevant regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services, with management experience covering compliance, preferably with commercial banking exposure
- Excellent knowledge of AMLO, Sanctions, banking rules and regulations in Hong Kong, customer due diligence, as well as know your customer procedures
- Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills in English
About the organization
Our client is a boutique commercial bank headquartered in Europe. In Hong Kong they have several branches and 50-100 staff. They offer a very friendly and positive environment. The culture is also very international and dynamic. Work life balance is respected and the firm is supportive of compliance with a strong compliance culture.