[Vietnamese Speakers Only] Sanctions Specialist
Salary HKD15000 - HKD30000 per month + Medical Insurance and 14 days AL
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Tara Lam
Date posted 27 September 2016
This role sits under APAC office, under the compliance department, reporting to AML/Sanctions Operations Manager. The main duty is to oversee Sanctions and AML checking for its APAC clients, for Vietnam market in particular. Previous experience in banking is prefered but not a must. They would also be considering fresh graduate. Ability to read Vietnamese fluently is a must. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in getting in to the financial industey.
- Individual will report to the AML/Sanctions Operations Manager
- Investigating the open alerts generated by the AML and sanctions screening system and deciding whether the alert is a potential positive match or a false positive match
- Clearing the false positive match in sanction screening system with rationale to support
- Escalating the potential positive match to manager of the centralised team
- Conducting a daily reconciliation between the number of records being processed by the sanctions screening system and the number of records extracted by the relevant LUs to ensure the completeness of the sanctions screening process. Escalating deviation noted in the reconciliation process to manager
- Documenting the daily reconciliation results together with supporting evidence
- Assisting the manager to prepare regular sanctions screening related reports as required for internal/external parties.
- Good communication in English and Vietnamese is a must (both written and spoken)
- Some experience in AML, Sanctions, Compliance or Risk Management function is preferred
- Experience within financial institution and/or insurance company preferred
- Flexible attitude to work and ability to think outside the box
- Experience working on workflow based systems or within a service level based environment
- Ability to understand risk and compliance obligations
About the company:
This premium financial services firm is recognised for their global presence. Overall the culture is very international and friendly where the firm is able to focus on developing and training their people to the highest standards.