AVP, Control Room, Top European Bank
Salary HKD500000 - HKD700000 per annum
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Megan Craighead
Date posted 31 August 2016
My client, one of the top UK banks, is looking for an experienced conflict management/control room professional to join their IBD compliance team. This AVP level role reports into the VP of IBD and Private Side Compliance. It is largely focused on conflict management, but will also work closely with the control room team and support the IBD advisory team. I am looking for someone with strong conflict management and control room background in the investment banking space. This is a close knit team, so strong communication skills and English are required.
- Perform conflict reviews of transactions and/or business activities in the context of all other known relevant pitches and/or mandates as well as the firm’s lending, trading exposure and other activities;
- Provide advice to the business within the IB on conflict issues as well as the appropriate management and/or resolution of conflict issues;
- Implement conflicts management measures, such as deal team separation, transaction-specific Chinese Walls, disclosures, consents, etc;
- Involved in all aspects of the daily operation of the control room including but not limited to review of insider lists, wall crossings, monitoring and surveillance, disclosures reviews, media requests;
- At least 3 years of control room experience within an investment banking environment
- Strong understanding of investment banking services and products as well as the regulatory frameworks;
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
About the Organization
Our client is a prominent UK iBanking group with a long history in APAC and Hong Kong. They have an international environment and very focused on building strong teams.