Associate - SBL (Contract)
Salary HKD35000 - HKD55000 per month + No Benefits
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Cynthia Cheung
Date posted 18 October 2016
A global Investment Bank is looking for an Associate to join their SBL Team on a long term basis. Working in a small team and reporting to the manager, you will be providing support to the SBL business across Asia Pacific. This is a six month contract to start with potential to extend or convert to permanent upon contract completion.
About the Role:
- Ensure margin calls are met and exposures are covered with mandated collateral (cash or non-cash)
- Ensure exceptions are timely escalated and reported to appropriate parties
- Optimise collateral usage
- Ensure both trades and collateral movements are settled on a timely manner
- Ensure settlement status are tracked and monitored
- Ensure fails are managed, reported and escalated
- Manage query from clients, Front Office and other control functions
- Provide operational expertise on new business initiatives to support the business growth
- Support the ongoing change and control agenda to continue improve process efficiency and risk management
About the Person:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other related disciplines are preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in banking Operations, preferably with Equities Finance or Equity Derivatives related background
- Experience in stock borrowing and lending process will be a plus
- Good communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Willing to commit to a six month contract
About the Company:
This is a great opportunity for those looking to continue their career within global operations with a well-known international bank.